At Surrey FA, we wish to encourage all Referees to aim at achieving an improvement in their performance level. To that end, we are to support all aspiring Referees who wish to apply for advancement within the County promotion system.
Those applying for promotion:
- Must attend during each promotion season an ‘In Service Training Seminar’ specifically designated for promotion candidates at their current level.
- Must pass an examination on the Laws of the Game during each promotion season.
- Must keep the appropriate Assessing Co-ordinator apprised of every match they officiate giving prior notice of time and venue.
- Must officiate on a minimum of 20 eleven a side competitive matches during the period of the promotion year.
- Will be assessed on a minimum of 3 matches
Please click here to download the form and return this as soon as possible.
Those with most to gain will be likely to be in their late twenties or early thirties as success would give them the opportunity to progress to Contributory League football or higher. Please note that considerable commitment is required should you wish to apply for enhanced promotion.
The criteria for enhanced promotion is as follows:
After this promotion, a Referee can proceed at the rate they are capable. No Affiliated Association may impose any other qualification periods which cause delayed passage through the promotion pyramid.