The Surrey County FA referees are under the guidance of Mark Wood (Referee & Competitions Manager) and Tim Lawrence (Referees Development Officer) and they can be contact by email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for further contacts.
Many of our referees started on courses organised by the Surrey County FA and are also members of one of the eleven Referees Societies in Surrey. If you have just finished playing and you want to give something back to the game or if you wish to start a career in refereeing then contact either Tim or Mark.
Basic Courses are run throughout the year in all parts of the County to allow people to become qualified referees. More details about the different types of referee courses that are offered can be found under the heading Courses.
Officer and Staff Contact Details for Referees:
FA Appointments, Academy Appointments and general referee enquiries
Referee & Competition Manager – Mark Wood
Tel No: 01372 387 097
All County Cup Appointments except Saturday Senior and Premier Cup
Appointments Secretary - Rod Wood
Tel No: 020 8979 2477 / 07860 400995
All FA Appointments plus Saturday Senior and Premier Cup
Assistant Referees' Secretary - Brian Fish
Tel No. 07920 862821
Courses & Continuation Training
Referee Development Officer – Tim Lawrence
Tel No: 01372 387094 / 07943 848185
For the latest editions of the Referees Newsletter please see below, as well as for the Laws of Association Football amendments for season 2011/2012. Also below please find the FAQs concerning Refereeing and Equality.
CLASH OF COLOURS & LAWS OF THE GAME AMENDMENTS/REMINDERS
1. Please be aware that under FA Regulations teams are not allowed to play in either BLACK or VERY DARK colours that may clash with the Referee.
2. PLAYERS are reminded again that they should ensure that they do not wear anything that is dangerous to themselves or other players (including any kind of jewellery). Taping up of rings is only permitted if this renders them entirely safe. There is growing evidence of players being injured by opponents' studs and blades on footwear. Referees have been instructed to carry out inspections prior to every match in order to reduce this danger.
3. PLAYERS and REFEREES are reminded that racist remarks constitute a dismissal offence in accord with Law 12 (the use of offensive, insulting or abusive language) and must be punished accordingly.
4. If undergarments are worn, the colour of the sleeve should be the same main colour as the sleeve of the jersey or shirt. If Undershorts are worn, they are of the same main colour as the shorts.
- Referee Courses Delivered by Surrey FA Summer 2013
- Website Training Calender Feb 2013
- Referees and Equality - FAQs
- 2012 13 FIFA Law Amendments
- June 2011 Newsletter
- August 2011 Newsletter
- Referee June 2012 Newsletter
- Referee August Newsletter2012
- Referee Cup Appointment Form 2013