Surrey FA is inviting grassroots clubs to sign up for our initiative, in line with the ‘Show Racism the Red Card Campaign’ and ‘Wear Red Day’ taking place on Friday 20th of October.
We are encouraging grassroots clubs in and around Surrey to show their support by pledging the actions they are taking to help tackle racism, educate others and/or raise awareness.
Show Racism the Red Card is the UK’s leading anti-racism educational charity, that works by empowering role models within communities, organisations, and sports, whilst offering educational resources to dismantle racism in society.
Football clubs who are interested in supporting the initiative be required to:
- Identify areas to reduce and tackle racism, and add these actions to your website or social media channels
- Designate a match day to ‘Show Racism to The Red Card’ during the 23/24 season
- Share the matchday event across social media platforms, using the social media pack
As a supporting club, you will receive:
- Branded pledge cards
- 1 x guaranteed place on Surrey FA’s and the FA grassroots teams race relations workshop, which is due to take place at Meadowbank on the 19th of October
- Show racism the red card pin badges
- Social media pack
Terms and Conditions
- You must be a part of a football club affiliated to Surrey FA
- Your designated fixture must be within the 2023/24 season
- You must be an accredited club.
To play your part, sign up by Friday 29th September 2023.
Sign up here
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about this initiative please email our Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Officer Eve Roberts at Eve.Roberts@SurreyFA.com.