Join us in uniting refugees and the local community through football.
In September 2022, Surrey FA launched the Unite Through Football: Refugees project, offering safe and welcoming environments for refugees and displaced individuals to access football provisions. The project aims to embed refugees into the football and Surrey community, whilst educating clubs about becoming a refugee-friendly space.
The Unite Through Football: Refugees League has seen up to 160 refugees take part in monthly fixtures. With a competitive and fun environment set up, we are now seeking organisations, charities, or providers that wish to become part of the project through weekly informal sessions around Surrey and beyond, offering regular, safe, and welcoming football opportunities for refugees and asylum seekers.
If you are interested in exploring this further, details can be found below.
What a recreational centre will receive:
- Funding* toward requirements of the session, plus marketing materials including logos, asset packs, and banners
- 1 x Introduction to Coaching Football bursary (to be completed by 31st May)
- Bespoke educational offering, upskilling your organisation around refugees.
- Promotion of your sessions and organisation, as well as becoming part of a wider community of other organisations in this space.
*We understand that organisations or charities will have different funding needs, therefore funding will be considered on a case-by-case basis. In your application, please provide a breakdown of how you will maximise this funding for the benefit of the session and participants.
What is required of a recreational centre:
- Regular football sessions, open to refugees and asylum seekers
- Attendance to the Unite Through Football educational programme (minimum 2 of 4 workshops attended)
- FA Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check held by all coaches
- At least one coach to hold Introduction to Coaching Football qualification (bursary as provided above), or intention to complete by 31st May 2023.
SIGN UP HERE
For more information, please contact:
Rob Bryant – Senior Football Development Officer: Rob.Bryant@surreyfa.com
Eve Roberts – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer: Eve.firstname.lastname@example.org