As part of our Rainbow Laces initiative, Surrey FA would like to invite grassroots clubs to participate for the 2022/23 season, to encourage LGBTQ+ acceptance within football.
The Rainbow Laces campaign complements the work clubs are doing to promote inclusion and diversity in football, and across all levels of the sport, but there is still work to be done, let's lace and speak up, to make sport everyone's game.
This will run between 19th - 31st October & 18th - 21st December.
During this time, we are encouraging grassroots clubs in and around Surrey to show their support to the LGBTQ+ community and highlight the work they are doing to promote a welcome and inclusive environment.
Football clubs interested in getting involved with the campaign will need to meet the following criteria:
• Identify areas to improve LGBTQ+ inclusion at your football club, as annual actions, and share these on your website or social media platforms
• Designate a match day to the Rainbow Laces campaign
• Share the matchday event across social media platforms using the appropriate asset pack
What you will receive:
• Rainbow laces for the chosen fixture (max 15 pairs per team)
• An asset pack for your social media platforms, for you to use accordingly
• An email header and digital social media frame for you to use once completing the initiative, to showcase and welcome the LGBTQ+ communities.
Terms and conditions:
• You must be a part of a football club affiliated to Surrey FA
• Your designated fixture must be within the 2022/23 time frame.
• You must be an accredited club.
Deadline to sign up is: Friday 14th October 2022.
For further information, please contact our EDI Officer, Eve Roberts at Eve.Roberts@SurreyFA.com.