Sunday Intermediate Cup Final

JB Rangers triumph over Croydon JFC to win Sunday Intermediate Cup

A strong performance from JB Rangers saw them run out 3-0 winners in the final.

Our County Cups returned to Meadowbank following the Easter break and the Sunday Intermediate Cup final didn’t disappoint. 

The tie started off with JB Rangers showing their quality, having control over possession, and playing Croydon offside to prevent any counter attacks.  

The breakthrough came further into the half when Maurice Black controlled the ball well to chip into the Croydon net and give his side a 1-0 lead. 

Croydon started to threaten through David Gabor down the right wing and a chance to equalise was prevented through a good save from JB Rangers goalkeeper Kieran Williams, who pushed the ball over the bar to keep his side ahead. 

Another chance came for Croydon, as Gabor burst into the box, but his pull back was well defended by Robb Sheridan. 

JB Rangers went on to double their lead just before half time, as following an initial foul, the referee played advantage and Ross Price found himself with time in the box to calmly slot the ball home to make it 2-0.

After the interval, Croydon saw a flurry of changes as they looked to get back in the tie. Despite their efforts, JG Rangers made it a 3-0 deficit on 52 minutes, as Maurice Black grabbed his 2nd of the night when a back-heel fell to him at the back post and he twisted and smashed it into the back of the net from close range, unfortunately, he was injured in the process and had to come off the field.

Shortly after, Croydon missed an opportunity to pull a goal back as Jahseth Forrest found space in the box but dragged his shot wide. 

JB Rangers pushed for a 4th goal to increase their lead, chances falling to Charlie Bath who saw his shot cleared off the line and then Jimmy Graham who chipped a shot to the back post which was claimed well by Croydon goalkeeper Andrew Osei.

Finally, Osei found himself 1 on 1 with JB Rangers Connor Blanchard, but the forward hit his shot wide to keep the score at 3-0, which was enough to seal the win for JB Rangers as they secured the cup.