Showcasing Disability Football
Surrey FA and Chelsea FC Foundation are delighted to be teaming up to deliver a live disability football showcase event at Cobham Rugby Club on Sunday 21 November.
Andy Rose, Disability Inclusion Senior Officer at Chelsea FC Foundation, will provide coaches with an insight into disability football through observing practical sessions and a classroom-based presentation.
There will also be a Q&A session based on differentiation that will give coaches a safe space to share experiences and ask questions that will support them as they progress through their coaching journey.
What can coaches expect to take away from the workshop?
• A 90-minute observation of live disability football with pitch side Q&A by Chelsea FC Foundation staff
• A 90-minute presentation and discussion on differentiation. Chelsea FC Foundation staff will share their experiences and answer questions, before coaches engage and share their own experiences, allowing for peer-to-peer discussions and learning.
Questions this workshop will aim to answer:
1. What should I expect from a disability football session?
2. How should I approach coaching disabled people?
3. What is the correct terminology?
4. What if it goes wrong? Who can I look to for support?
Date/Time: Sunday 21 November 2021 - 15:00-18:00
Venue: Cobham Rugby Club, Fairmile Lane, Cobham KT11 2BU
Workshop tutor(s): Andy Rose
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR PLACE
Please note: this session is only open to those aged 16 and over.