The FA Mars Just Play!
Want To Just Turn Up And Play, No Strings Attached? Discover More About Just Play! And Find A Kickabout Near You Using Our Search Feature Below
The FA Mars Just Play! gives the casual footballer a chance to just turn up to a venue and play football. The Just Play kickabout is recreational football at its best – it’s about turning up for an hour of exercise and a bit of fun. It’s football for those who can’t or don’t want to commit to an eight-month long season of matches and training.
FA Mars Just Play! is purely for adults, for men, for women, for those who think they’re talented and for those who think they aren’t. It’s also for those with a disability or for 16–25s or women-only or even veterans; there’s a kickabout designed specifically for you, whatever your age or ability.
There are Just Play kickabouts up and down the country, with 400 centres running since the programme launched in 2011. Sessions or ‘kickabouts’ are run on a weekly basis over 32 weeks of the year by a Level 1 coach.
Don’t leave your love of football back in the day. Contact your local organiser or use the search box to locate your nearest kickabout, turn up and Just Play!
We are also looking to support any recreational football sessions for ages 16+. This could be any football offered including (not exclusive to):
- Turn Up and Play sessions
- Friendly / Structured kick-abouts
- Walking Football
- Regular Parent Games or Activity
- Sessions that offer a pathway in/out of the game or re-engaging lapsed players
Men’s, women’s, or mixed sessions are eligible, as are Disability specific sessions.
What do you need?
- A Level 1 Coach with FA First Aid to lead the session
- Health and Safety Policy, Equality Policy and Public Liability Insurance held by the club.
- A consistent session that runs 32 weeks of the year
- To maintain registration of attendees on the FA Events platform weekly.
What do you get?
- Equipment pack – balls, cones, bibs, bag and a banner to advertise your session
- Coaches kit to be used for the organiser, or as rewards for players.
- Funding - up to £200 per centre.
- National promotion on a platform where players can find your session (there is an option for closed sessions if you don’t want to be found!)
If you run more than one session per week, you can make an application for each session, therefore gaining the benefits multiple times. Apply to become a Just Play! session here.