Futsal is a format of small sided football which places players in situations where they must receive or play whilst under pressure or in confined spaces, while the game demands a high level of technique, movement, tactical awareness and fitness.
Briefly describing the game, Futsal is played with 5 players to a team on a 20x40m pitch, normally with a size 4 ball with less bounce than a normal football. For a complete set of Futsal rules, as well as a history of the game, click here.
FIFA Futsal Instructor (and former England Futsal Head Coach) Graeme Dell spoke at the Surrey County FA Conference in October - you can listen to him discussing the game by watching the video above (beginning at 1 min 35 secs). His presentation from the day can be downloaded below, which explains the philosophies of Futsal, a game now played by over 30 million people worldwide.
So what are the Surrey County FA offering in the way of Futsal throughout 2013?
- Under-16s County Tournaments in February and April 2013
- Under-10s, 12s, 14s, 16s FA Regional Festival in May at Surrey Sports Park for winners of all County Festivals, Tournaments and Leagues.
- Futsal Coaching Course at Raynes Park High in April 2013 - click here to book
- Over 30 qualified Futsal referees in Surrey
- FA Futsal Fives League launching in January 2013
- Surrey Schools FA running competitions for Years 6/7/8/9, with the Finals at Surrey Sports Park in March 2013
- FA Tesco Skills team offering Futsal coaching to clubs entering County Competitions
It's one thing us preaching about Futsal, but what about the super stars of today who have credited Futsal with their development?
For any further information on Futsal, emial firstname.lastname@example.org.