The project is at the heart of The Football Association's investment programme for grassroots football and the status is awarded where The FA’s minimum standards of coaching, administration and child protection are met.
Many Grants and Funding Opportunities provided by the FA and the Football Foundation are only available to clubs who have gained, or are working toward, Charter Standard status. Watch the video above to see the full range of benefits.
The Charter Standard programme aims to...
- Provide a nationally recognised quality control 'kitemark'
- Identify clubs and organisations where best practices exist
- Improve the quality of provision of football for everyone
- Sustain participation of football players for a longer time
- Raise the standards of the grassroots game
There are 4 levels of Charter Standard status - Charter Standard Club, Charter Standard Adult Club, Charter Development Club and Charter Community Club. Each Level depends upon the size, type and ambition of the club.
Click on a link below to learn more about the FA Charter Standard programme:
Criteria for Charter Standard Clubs and Getting Started
Charter Standard Clubs in Surrey
Running a Club
Would you like your club to become Charter Standard? Please contact the Football Development Officer in your area by clicking on the link.