The Surrey FA Youth Forum brings together a group of young volunteers who create a range of inclusive and meaningful opportunities, which provide young people with a voice that matters in local grassroots football.
This group of young leaders supports Surrey FA, providing a voice for all children and young people to influence change, through various projects and events throughout the year. Examples from the 2022/23 season so far include supporting the Unite through Football: Refugee League, delivering an Introduction to Coaching and Refereeing workshop to a girls’ football team in Kingston, and signposting young people to local Mental Health charities and support, after engaging in a Mental Health Awareness event in partnership with Woking FC.
Key areas the team are working towards include:
- Sustainability – how can our Youth Forum be the voice of young people to shape and implement the sustainability strategy for Surrey FA, supporting local and grassroots football to be more environmentally friendly
- Raising the profile of the Youth Forum through designated social media channels
- Assisting with the delivery of Surrey FA County Cup Finals, across the adult and youth pathways
- Collaborate with The FA National Youth Council and fellow County FA Youth Councils, sharing best practice and insight that represents voice of the youth
Key projects for the coming season include:
- Supporting the County FA to deliver key messages to young people around safeguarding
- Supporting the County FA with the increased Demand in the Women's game
- Connect with Equal Game Ambassador at Surrey FA to support on creation of bespoke female football game plan
- Advertise WSL/FA Cup games to clubs around Surrey, signposting how to watch live games, watch parties and socials
- Women's Football in Surrey Exhibition