We are inviting grassroots clubs to join us in supporting the annual campaign and show their support for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
Now in its 10th year, the Rainbow Laces campaign has seen over a million people lace up in support, but there is still work to be done, so let's Lace Up to Keep It Up and make football everyone's game.
The campaign is due to run between 25th November and 10th December, and we are urging clubs in Surrey to show their support for the LGBTQ+ community by designating a matchday to the campaign and starting conversations about areas your club can improve.
Those interested in getting involved with the campaign will need to meet the following criteria:
• Identify areas to improve LGBTQ+ inclusion at your football club as annual actions and share these on your website or social media platforms
• Designate a match day to the Rainbow Laces campaign
• Share the matchday event across social media platforms using the appropriate asset pack
What you will receive:
• Rainbow laces for the chosen fixture (max 15 pairs per team)
• An asset pack for your social media platforms, for you to use accordingly.
• An email header and digital social media frame for you to use once completing the initiative, to showcase and welcome the LGBTQ+ communities
Terms and conditions:
• You must be a part of a football club affiliated to Surrey FA
• Your designated fixture must be within the 2023/24-time frame.
• You must be an accredited club.
The deadline to sign up is Friday 10th November 2023.
Express your interest
For further information, please contact our EDI Officer, Eve Roberts at Eve.Roberts@SurreyFA.com.