Join us in harnessing the power of football and group exercise by offering weekly sessions to benefit the physical and mental health of people in Surrey.
We are supporting weekly football sessions that aim to encourage physically active lifestyles and new friendships with people who have shared experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
What Football for Health Centre will receive:
- £300 of funding toward requirements* of the session, plus marketing materials, including logos and asset packs
- 1 x Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAiF) course bursary
- Promotion of your sessions and organisation, as well as becoming part of a wider community of other organisations and sessions in this space
- Access to Surrey FA support to ensure your session is inclusive and accessible to all.
*We understand that organisations and sessions will have different funding needs, and therefore funding will be considered on a case-by-case basis. In your application, please provide a breakdown of how you will maximise this funding for the benefit of the session and your participants.
Requirements of a Football for Health Centre:
- Regular football sessions of any format (including Walking Football, Soccercise, 5-a-side, Futsal etc.), offering a safe and inclusive environment for people with specific or a range of health conditions
- Attendance updates provided to Surrey FA on a pre-arranged periodic basis
- FA Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check held by all coaches/leaders
- FA Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAiF) Course completion by at least one coach/leader.
Apply by following the link below:
Friday 28th April 2023. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by Wednesday 3rd May 2023.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Senior Football Development Officer Rob Bryant at Rob.Bryant@SurreyFA.com.