SURREY FA IS RECRUITING for equal game ambassadors - women & Girls Football
The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting grassroots football clubs across Surrey.
Surrey FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual(s) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting grassroots football clubs across Surrey to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
Location: Remote working / Office – Dorking, Surrey
Salary: £25 p/h
Closing Date: Friday 4th November 2022
Interview Date: TBC
Vacancy Type: Casual Contract. 50 hours per contract.
Roles Available: 2
Successful candidates must be available to attend 'Train the Trainer course' on Tuesday 6th December at Berks & Bucks FA.
Surrey FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
- Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’
- Signpost and help clubs access relevant support
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners
- Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club
What we are looking for
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for female football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
What we can offer
- Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
- A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
- Holiday entitlement.
- Other benefits.
Equality and Diversity
Surrey FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
Complete the below Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to Anne-Marie Cliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5pm on Friday 4th November. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates:
- undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 11th November to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
- Interviews will be on the 21st and 22nd November.
- If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Emma Eaton at email@example.com for an informal discussion.
Surrey FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Our Equality policy is available here.
EQUAL OPPORUNITIES MONITORING