Preseason is in full swing - players are getting ready, tactics are in discussion, and we hope you are looking forward to the new season. We know fundraising is always important but not always at the top of the priority list, but we have an easy answer to raising donations without you even thinking about it. And if your club is looking match fit and ready for the new season, we want your fundraising pot to be too.
That is why we are encouraging all Surrey FA affiliated clubs to register with fundraising website, easyfundraising. It is a simple and easy way for your club to raise donations when anyone connected to your club shops online. All donations raised are yours, which you can put towards the club's running costs, new kit, or keep for end-of-season celebrations.
40 Surrey Fa clubs are raising funds via easyfundraising, which means many clubs are missing out on their free funding. One of our clubs doing well with easyfundraising is Reigate Priory FC.
Reigate Priory FC has raised nearly £300 since registering with easyfundraising. Here's what Dale from the clubs had to say, “There's literally nothing to lose and everything to gain. If you put the work in and push easyfundraising, you could make a fair amount of money off it... I created my own personal video, which I went to members of the club explaining in my words what it is and how to use it.”
This is how easyfundraising works:
- Register your club with easyfundraising – this takes a couple of minutes. Reigate Priory FC said, “easyfundraising was very easy to set up.”
- Book a 15 min coaching call with the easyfundraising team to understand how to get the most out of it and how your club’s supporters can get involved.
- When anyone connected to your club shops online with over 5,100 leading retailers, they earn free donations for your club. Retailers include; Amazon, JD Sports, Tesco, Screwfix, Wikes, eBay, Just Eat – to name a few.
- The free donation comes directly from the retailer, at no extra cost to you or your supporters, so it really is free.
- Every quarter you receive your donations as a lump sum. Your club needs to have reached a donation total of £15 to receive the money, but if not, the amount is rolled into the next quarter.
Ready to sign up your club? Register now. Or if you have any questions, please email Ben at easyfundraising; Ben.Harper@easyfundraising.org.uk, and he would be happy to help.