Nominations for The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards have drawn to a close with 145 submitted to Surrey FA in 2020.
For over 10 years, the awards have recognised and celebrated leagues, clubs, coaches, players, match officials and volunteers that go over and above when it comes to football in their local community.
County FAs across the country have received 4,761 nominations in 2020, which is a record number and represents a 14% increase from the total in 2019, and are now in the process of selecting regional winners in the following 10 categories:
- Grassroots Coach of the Year (Adult Team);
- Grassroots Coach of the Year (Youth Team);
- Project of the Year;
- Rising Star of the Year;
- Grassroots Volunteer of the Year;
- Grassroots Match Official of the Year;
- Grassroots League of the Year;
- Grassroots Club of the Year;
- Grounds Team of the Year;
- We Only Do Positive Respect Award.
Regional winners will be announced by their respective County FA from 23 June 2020 and go on to be considered for both a national version of their award and the prestigious Bobby Moore award by a bespoke panel on 2 July 2020.
To look back at last years grassroots football awards ceremony at Guildford Harbour Hotel click here.