The FA Shooting Stars Programme
What is the Surrey Girls Football Partnership?
Football isn’t just a tool for physical literacy; it develops other skills, from teamwork to leadership and builds confidence. Yet girls don’t always get the opportunities to play that readily exist for boys.
The mission of the Girls’ Football Partnership is to change that. All schools within the 11 borough’s of Surrey are part of the programme automatically so we can build a thriving, local girls' football scene. All you need to do to take advantage of the help on offer is contact Sarah Williams who will sign post you to the right opportunity for your school.
There are a number of opportunities for schools to access, a few of which are below:
What is the Shooting Stars inspired by Disney programme?
The Shooting Stars programme short video is a great way to see how the two initiatives; Active Play Through Story Telling and Girls’ Football Clubs, both have been developed to support the engagement of girls aged 5-11 years old in sport at school and in the home.
Active Play Through Storytelling - KS1
- Supports the development of fundamental movement skills and physical literacy
- Delivered through creative play and storytelling
- Specifically targets girls who are inactive/have low levels of physical literacy
- Opportunity for girls to reflect on behaviours and understand their impact on self and others
Girls’ Football Club - KS1 & KS2
- Builds on their sporting confidence and competence of fundamental movement skills developed in Active Play Through Storytelling
- Using Marvel storytelling, girls are introduced to basic football movements
- Girls develop basic understanding and competence in invasion game principles
- Opportunity for girls to reflect on behaviours and understand their impact on self and others.
How to book a free place
The final course for the virtual training which comprises of three 1 hour 30-minute live modules is on Tuesday 9th February 2021 and schools register and must be available to attend all dates - coaches, TA’s, teachers and parents can attend the training.
There are 2 sessions on the same day, if you are interested in attending please use these links:
12th, 14th & 19th January, 10:30am-12pm
12th, 14th & 19th January, 3:30pm-5:30pm
18th, 20th & 25th January, 10:30am-12pm
18th, 20th & 25th January, 3:30pm-5:30pm
9th, 11th & 16th February, 10:30am-12pm
9th, 11th & 16th February, 3:30pm-5:30pm
Delivering Girls Football as part of a broad and balanced PE curriculum
The Girls Football in schools website can support you with delivery of football within your school. There is a wide range of resources, video’s and training, plus so much for available to you wish aims to enhance the delivery of football for girls within the PE curriculum.
54 primary schools in Surrey have already registered on the website and you can too my pledging your support in providing more opportunities for girls.