Inclusive Level 1 Coaching Course For Candidates With Disability
Surrey FA are pleased to announce that we have received a grant from Sport England to run an Inclusive Level 1 coaching course for candidates with a disability, following on from the success of last season’s pilot course.
There have been extremely high levels of interest in the course, so if you or anyone at your club is interested, please read through the below information.
Priority will go to candidates who will actively coach in their club or community, and those with a disability which prevents them from attending a Mainstream Level 1. Spaces will initially be limited to 3 players per club/ organisation and candidates will need to commit to attending all of the blocks to complete the course.
Please see below full details of the course:
- The course has been adapted from 3 full days and 2 evenings to 7 three hour ‘blocks’ over 7 weekends, plus Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children workshops, to make the content more digestible and prevent information overload
- It will be supported by 3 mentors/ buddies as well as an experienced tutor to provide additional learning support on a 1:4 basis
- Any parents or carers can assist candidates if needed
- The course will be held at the Three Rivers Academy in Hersham, full address Three Rivers Academy, Hersham Rd, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames KT12 5PY
- The course will run March to May 2019, full dates and times can be found on the online Expression of Interest form
- Learners need to attend all of the course dates to complete the qualification. There is an element of online learning and homework, which will be supported by Surrey FA staff and the mentors
- Candidates must be 16 or older
- The course will have a lot of practical work (which can all be adapted) where the candidates are actually coaching and playing, and there is some written work too, which will be fully supported by the buddies/mentors
- If needed, we can put on an extra evening classroom session to support with any online learning or homework tasks
- On completion, all candidates will receive the nationally recognised Level 1 in Coaching Football, as well as having an FA Emergency Aid and FA Safeguarding Children certificate
- There will also be an additional Coaching Disabled Footballers course on 26th May, free of charge to all Inclusive Level 1 coaches
- Thanks to a Sport England grant, the cost of the course has been massively subsidised to £75 per participant, down from £190
Express Your Interest
Candidates will need to fill in the online Expression of Interest survey, which can be found below. If you would like paper copies let me know and I can post some/ drop some off to you or alternatively the survey can be filled in over the phone by calling Tamsyn Woodman on 01372 384749.
Please note this is NOT a booking form, and candidates will be notified by January 31st whether or not they have a place on the course. In cases where the Inclusive Level 1 is not the most suitable course, we will provide alternative options and support.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Get in touch with our Football Development Team.