At Surrey FA, we wish to encourage all Referees to aim at achieving an improvement in their performance level. To that end, we are to support all aspiring Referees who wish to apply for advancement within the County promotion system.
Those applying for promotion:
- Must attend during each promotion season an ‘In Service Training Seminar’ specifically designated for promotion candidates at their current level.
- Must pass an examination on the Laws of the Game during each promotion season.
- Must keep the appropriate Assessing Co-ordinator informed of every match they officiate giving prior notice of time and venue.
- Must officiate on a minimum of 20 open age, eleven a side competitive matches during the period of the promotion year.
- Will be assessed on a minimum of 3 matches
- The Referee Promotion Scheme is now open.
- The closing date is 31st July 2021.
Existing candidates who are not promoted will still need to apply each season.
A Level 7 Referee must officiate as a referee in a minimum of 20 open age games in one registration period before applying for promotion.
After this promotion, a referee can proceed at a rate they are capable of.