Due to our partnership and relationship with Fulham Football Club and Chelsea Football Club, Surrey FA are delighted that the Association has set up the Surrey FA Referee Academy to enable our young referees to operate in a controlled environment, allowing them the opportunity to develop their skills and prepare them for the task ahead so that the talented can reach their potential more quickly.
The purpose of the Surrey FA Referee Academy is to enable retention of our referees, as they are not be confronted with the same issues as those at matches outside the academy system and also experience officiating at academy matches of professional football clubs from across the Country and internationally.
• When? Matches are usually played on a Sunday morning (under 11 - under 15s) and on Saturday mornings.
• Where? Matches are played at either the training ground of London School of Economics (located in New Malden), the training ground of Fulham FC (located in Motspur Park) or the training ground of Chelsea FC (located in Cobham).
The other purpose of the Surrey FA Referee Academy is that this will act as a natural feeder group for our highly acclaimed and successful Surrey FA Development Group (click here for details), which is a group for referees under the age of 30 with high potential.
The Academy allows referees under the age of 35 the opportunity to continue their development as well as ensuring that the higher age-group matches are officiated to a standard reasonably expected by professional clubs such as Fulham FC and Chelsea FC, whilst affording their younger colleagues the experience of running the line as an Assistant Referee.
To become part of the Surrey FA Referee Academy you must:
• Be parented with Surrey FA
• Be an active official on local football league
• Be part of the Surrey FA's Referee Coaching Scheme, and satisfied the Association's Referees' Committee of your commitment to officiate at the Academy
• Be signed up to the code of conduct for academy officials - Parents / Guardians Code of Conduct
• Have the appropriate attitude to accept positive feedback from the mentor
• Have completed and returned to The FA a form to enable a security check to be carried out by the Association
• For those 16 and over you must have completed an FA CRC check
• Have undergone ‘FA Safeguarding Children in Football’ training
• Attend a pre-season meeting to receive first hand communication of the club's requirements
Please click on the links below to open up key academy documents.
• Surrey FA Referee Academy Application Form
• Surrey FA Referee Academy Guidelines
Provided you can fulfil the criteria previously set out, please apply for a place by completing the form above and emailing this to Tim.Lawrence@SurreyFA.com.
The purpose of the Surrey County Referees’ Association is:
• To act as a co-coordinating body for the mutual benefit of referees within Surrey
• To assist in the formation of new Societies in Surrey
• To co-operate, through their representatives, with the Surrey FA
• To generally look after the welfare of all those who are members of the Association within the County of Surrey
• To receive and decide upon nominations for the Association’s Long Service Awards and provide a forum for on-going training on a regular basis
Interested in joining the Association? Please email Brian Reader on: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get involved.
Camberley & Farnham
Meetings second Monday in the month Sept to May at Frimley Green FC
Correspondence: Paul Falzon, 9 Kielder Walk, Camberley GU15 1AU
Tel: 01276 469 309
Meetings first Thursday in the month Sept to Apr at Croydon Bowls Club Nottingham Road, South Croydon
Correspondence: Les Johnstone, 7 Bute Road, Croydon CR0 3RT
Tel: 020 8688 0146
Meetings first Thursday in the month Sept to May (except Jan) at Dorking Cricket Club, Pixham Lane, Dorking
Correspondence: Damith Bandara, 12 Waterfields, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7XB
Tel: 07515 710 992
Meetings second Monday in the month Aug to May at Godalming & Guildford FC
Correspondence: Brian C Fish, 111 George Road, Farncombe, GU7 3LX
Tel: 01483 420 007
Meetings third Monday in the month Aug to May at Metropolitan Police Sports Club, Imber Court, Ember Lane, Molesey
Correspondence: Philip Jones, 20 Arundel Avenue, Epsom KT17 2RG
Tel: 020 8393 4565
Meetings second Monday in the month Sept to May at Horley Town FC
Correspondence: Graham Kendall, Jacaranda, 2a Clarence Road, Meadvale, Redhill RH1 6NG
Tel: 01737 242 336
Meetings second Wednesday in the month Sept to Apr at Sutton United F.C. Gander Green Lane, Sutton
Correspondence: Capel Barnard, 60 Donnigton Road, Worcester Park, Surrey. KT4 8EN
Tel: 020 8330 0571
Meetings on last Thursday of the month at the Royal British Legion, 65 Upper Richmond Road, London SW15 2RD
Correspondence: Bill Goodsell, 58 Arthur Henderson House, Fulham Road, London SW6 4JU
Tel: 020 7736 3973
Meetings on first Monday of the month at Meadhurst Club, BP, Sunbury-on-Thames
Correspondence: Richard Parsons, 24 Roundway, Egham TW20 8BX
Tel: 01784 469 918
Meetings first Monday in the month August (except August second Monday) to May at Meadow Sports, Loop Road, Old Woking, Surrey GU22 9BQ
Correspondence: Pat Bakhuizen, 36 Lansdown Close, Woking, Surrey GU21 8TG
Tel: 01483 656591
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org