OVERVIEW OF THE ASSESSING SCHEME
The Surrey Referees' Committee is actively attempting to encourage and support the development of all Surrey Referees within the County. Referees can improve their ability and aim to officiate at senior football level by entering the Promotion System and the Surrey FA is eager to encourage all referees in this process. The key to success in the Promotion System is the guidance available via assessments.
The process of providing guidance, support and advice to referees is the task and responsibility of the Referee Assessor. The purpose of a written assessment is for the following reasons:
• To assist the Referee to improve performance
• To motivate the Referee to adopt the advice
• To raise the standard of Referees in Surrey
• To provide information to the Surrey FA
QUALITIES OF A REFEREEING ASSESSOR
• Substantial Refereeing Experience
• Knowledge of current football and refereeing laws
• Being able to view the game through the eyes of Referee
• Critically analyse performances
• Identify strengths
• Identify perceived development areas
• Offer solutions to eliminate shortcomings
• Write a quality, balanced report
INTERESTED? CONTACT US...
We are fortunate in Surrey to have some of the most qualified and respected referees in the country and we welcome your interest if you wish to become an assessor to continue our tradition of producing the very finest talent in Surrey to maintain our national standards. Applications will be considered from retired or active referees who wish to be trained as an assessor for the Surrey FA. Assessors must have a credible refereeing background and relevant experience.
Applications should be sent to Tim Lawrence, Referees Development Officer at the Surrey FA Head Office.
For more information call 01372 387094 or email: email@example.com