The Surrey Referees' Committee is anxious to encourage and support the development of all Surrey Referees. Referees can improve their ability and aim to officiate at senior football level by entering the Promotion System. The key to success in the Promotion System is the guidance available via assessments.
The process of providing guidance, support and advice to referees is the task and responsibility of the Referee Assessor. The purpose of a written assessment is:
- To assist the Referee to improve performance
- Motivate the Referee to adopt the advice
- To raise the standard of Referees in Surrey
- To provide information to the County FA
- The Football Association Assessors' Handbook, says the Assessor is the "Guardian of standards of the Laws of Game"
The qualities for an Assessor include the following criteria:-
- Substantial Refereeing Experience
- Knowledge of current Law
- View game through eyes of Referee
- Critically analyse performance
- Identify strengths
- Identify perceived development areas
- Offer solutions to eliminate shortcomings
- Write a quality, balanced report
We welcome your interest if you wish to become an assessor. Applications will be considered from retired or active referees who wish to be trained as an assessor. Assessors must have a credible refereeing background and relevant experience.
Application should be sent to Tim Lawrence, Referees Development Officer at County Office. For more information call 01372 387094 or by email to email@example.com