SURREY FA REFEREE ACADEMY
In conjunction with Fulham Football Club, the Association has set up a Referee Academy to enable our young referees to operate in a controlled environment, allowing them the opportunity to develop their skills and prepare them for the task ahead so that the talented can reach their potential more quickly.
It will also assist with retention as referees will not be confronted with the same issues as those at games outside the academy system. This will go some way towards addressing the serious problem of the vast majority of our younger match officials leaving the sport soon after qualifying due to being disillusioned usually with spectator and team officials' reactions to their performances.
Matches are usually played on a Sunday morning (under 15s downwards) and on Saturday mornings (under 16 and under 18) at the Motspur Park training ground (Fulham FC) or LSE training round.
The Association's highly successful Development Group (for young referees under the age of 30 with high potential) will also benefit from having a natural feeder group. Thus natural progression would be possible leading to even greater benefit when those who move upwards are given a Senior Mentor to assist them.
Equally, the Academies will allow the Association's more senior referees the opportunity to continue their development as well as ensuring that the higher age-group matches are officiated to a standard reasonably expected by the clubs whilst affording their younger colleagues the experience of running the line.
The County's Referee Coaches will be utilised within the Academies to ensure appropriate instruction and guidance is given.
The Referee must:
• be parented with Surrey County Football Association
• be an active official on local football leagues, to form part of their development and future promotion opportunities
• be part of the County Football Association's Referee Coaching Scheme, and has satisfied the Association's Referees' Committee of their commitment to officiate at the Academy.
• have signed up to the code of conduct for academy officials - Parents / Guardians Code of Conduct
• have the appropriate attitude to accept positive feedback from the mentor
• have completed and returned to The FA a form to enable a security check to be carried out by that association
• For those 16 and over must have completed an FA CRB check
• Have undergone FA Safeguarding Children in Football training
• Attend a pre-season meeting with the club to receive first hand the club's requirements
INTERESTED? Click here for an Academy Application Form and click here for the Academy Referee Guidelines 2015-16
Provided you can fulfil the above criteria, please feel free to apply for a place by completing the form and sending it to the Referee Development Officer at County Office or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SURREY COUNTY REFEREES ASSOCIATION
The objects of the Committee shall be, as defined in the Rules of the National Referees' Association (excluding maintaining a local Benevolent Fund):
• to act as a co-coordinating body, within the National Association, for the mutual benefit of referees within the area
• to assist in the formation of new Societies
• to co-operate, through their representatives, with the Surrey FA
• to generally look after the welfare of all those who are members of the Association within the County of Surrey
• to receive and decide upon nominations for Association long service awards to provide a forum for on-going training on a regular basis
E-Mail email@example.com for more information
REFEREES SOCIETIES IN SURREY
Camberley & Farnham
Meetings second Monday in the month Sept to May at Frimley Green F.C. at 7.45pm
Correspondence: Paul Falzon, 9 Kielder Walk, Camberley GU15 1AU
Tel: 01276 469309
Meetings first Thursday in the month Sept to Apr at Croydon Bowls Club Nottingham Road, South Croydon at 7.45pm
Correspondence: Les Johnstone, 7 Bute Road, Croydon CR0 3RT
Tel: 020 8688 0146
Meetings first Thursday in the month Sept to May (except Jan) at Dorking Cricket Club, Pixham Lane, Dorking at 8.00pm
Correspondence: Damith Bandara, 12 Waterfields, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7XB
Tel: 07515 710992
Meetings second Monday in the month Aug to May at Godalming & Guildford F.C. at 7.45pm
Correspondence: Brian C Fish, 111 George Road, Farncombe, GU7 3LX
Tel: 01483 420007
Meetings third Monday in the month Aug to May at Metropolitan Police Sports Club, Imber Court, Ember Lane, Molesey at 7.45pm
Correspondence: Philip Jones, 20 Arundel Avenue, Epsom KT17 2RG
Tel: 020 8393 4565
Meetings second Monday in the month Sept to May (Dec first Monday) at Horley Town FC at 8.00pm
Correspondence: Graham Kendall, "Jacaranda", 2a Clarence Road, Meadvale, Redhill RH1 6NG
Tel: 01737 242336
Meetings second Wednesday in the month Sept to Apr at Sutton United F.C. Gander Green Lane, Sutton at 7.45pm
Correspondence: Capel Barnard, 60 Donnigton Road, Worcester Park, Surrey. KT4 8EN
Tel: 020 8330 0571 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings on last Thursday of the month at the Royal British Legion, 65 Upper Richmond Road, London SW15 2RD
Correspondence: Bill Goodsell, 58 Arthur Henderson House, Fulham Road, London SW6 4JU
Tel: 020 7736 3973
Meetings on first Monday of the month at Meadhurst Club, BP, Sunbury-on-Thames.
Correspondence: Richard Parsons, 24 Roundway, Egham TW20 8BX
Tel: 01784 469 918
Meetings first Monday in the month August (except August second Monday) to May at Meadow Sports, Loop Road, Old Woking, Surry GU22 9BQ at 8.00pm
Correspondence: Pat Bakhuizen, 36 Lansdown Close, Woking, Surrey GU21 8TG
Tel: 01483 656591
E-mail: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org