The Football Association is looking to appoint Coach Mentors to support local County Football Associations.
They will work with specific projects, supporting:
- FA Charter Standard Clubs
- Specific target groups (BAME, Female and Disability)
- Grassroots Clubs
- Football Leagues
- Coach Education in a Mentoring capacity
You would be working on a part-time basis, on a minimum 100 hour contract for the season and will each provide agreed hours of mentoring support, across a 12 month period. Mentors will provide quality targeted support that challenges coaches to excel in their work and enhance coaching standards nationally.
The aim of the Mentoring programme is;
- To support the development of coaches in Grassroots football leaving a lasting legacy
- To work with Clubs to identify the needs of coaches
- To mentor and support coaches working in Charter Standard Clubs
- To observe, provide feedback and create action plans for clubs and individuals
- To develop and deliver a programme of support for coaches across the 4 corners
- To support coach development, focusing upon the knowledge, skills and attributes to be an effective coach
- To support and develop reflection skills
- To develop individual, bespoke club based events to support the learning of coaches
The mentoring programme will meet the needs of coaches at a local level, promoting and cascading the principles of the England DNA, as well as linking with The FA Respect programme.
We now seek applications from perspective mentors with the right credentials, knowledge, skills attributes and time to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches working within Specific target groups (BAME, Female and Disability), Grassroots Clubs, Football Leagues and Coach Education in a Mentoring capacity
If you wish to be considered for one of the Coach Mentor positions please complete the application form at the bottom of the page and return it together with your CV to: email@example.com.
Please note that only electronic applications will be accepted. Unfortunately, as we will not be able to respond to everyone individually if you do not hear from us by 5th June 2017, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on 19th May 2017. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 1st June 2017.
Following interview, successful candidates accepted as a FA Coach Mentor will be required to attend a 2 day training / familiarisation session at a centralised location within their region (for which no fee will be payable). These inductions will be taking place on 10th June 2017 and 2nd July 2017 (Further details will be provided at interview) and it is essential that you attend these days prior to being appointed as an FA Coach Mentor.
No further Interview or Induction dates will be available this year, therefore please only apply if you are able to commit to attend these dates. If you have any queries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org