Ahead of the county cup final on Wednesday May 3rd between Woking and Merstham, Surrey football fans will get the opportunity to be photographed with the Specsavers Surrey Senior Cup, as well as enter an incredible prize draw.
Surrey FA, in partnership with Specsavers, has announced that the Specsavers Surrey Senior Cup will go on a six day roadshow, beginning on 17th April (Easter Monday) at Merstham FC, and finishing on Saturday April 22nd at Woking FC.
During the roadshow, the trophy will visit six Specsavers stores across Surrey (Redhill, Guildford, Reigate, Dorking, Leatherhead and Woking), whilst also giving fans a great photo opportunity at Woking FC and Merstham FC during their home fixtures against York City and Kingstonian respectively.
Not only will the roadshow give fans an opportunity to be pictured with Surrey’s most prestigious trophy, but by tweeting their photo to ‘@SurreyFA’, they’ll also have the chance to enter a prize draw, where two winners will receive four tickets to the Woking v Merstham final, and a pair of designer prescription sunglasses, worth up to £125.
“We’re delighted to be taking the Specsavers Surrey Senior Cup out and providing a brilliant opportunity for football fans across Surrey to get to see this historic trophy up close,” says Caroline McRoyall, Chief Executive of the Surrey FA. “We’re very thankful to our headline sponsor Specsavers for hosting the trophy in six of their stores, as well as contributing generously to the competition prizes.”
“It’s really exciting for us to be hosting the trophy across six of our stores,” says Dan Smithard, Specsavers Representative. “The 125 year history of the trophy is very important to Surrey, and it’s brilliant that Specsavers customers can be involved with it in our stores.”
“For Merstham fans, the current holders, this might feel like an occasion to show off their trophy cabinet,” says Caroline. “Woking fans, on the other hand, will be hopeful that their team can bring the trophy back to the Laithwaite Community Stadium, after what is now a three year absence.”
The Roadshow Dates
17th April – Redhill Specsavers (10am -12pm)
17th April – Merstham FC (home game v Kingstonian) (1pm - 3pm)
18th April – Guildford Specsavers (3.30pm-5.30pm)
19th April – Reigate Specsavers (3.30pm-5.30pm)
20th April – Dorking Specsavers (12pm - 2pm) & (3.30pm-5.30pm)
21st April – Leatherhead Specsavers (12pm - 2pm) & (3.30pm-5.3 pm)
22nd April – Woking Specsavers (10.30am-12.30pm)
22nd April – Woking FC (home game v York City) (1pm-3pm)
- No purchase necessary.
- Two competition winners will be drawn, winning 1 pair of prescription sunglasses (upto the value of £125) and 4x Cup Final tickets.
- One Runner-Up will be drawn, winning 2x Cup Final tickets.
- Entries should be sent to the Surrey FA Twitter account (@SurreyFA) with the hashtag #SurreyCountyCup.
- ’Entries can also be accepted through email, by emailing luke.lambourne@SurreyFA.com with the photo and the entrant’s contact details.
- Children must be accompanied by adults to the Specsavers Senior Cup Final.
- Surrey FA staff and Specsavers staff are exempt from entering the competition.
- The draw will be made at random on 26th April and announced via our Twitter and website.
- The sunglasses must be collected from the store you submit your entry from (Woking FC will be the Woking store, and Merstham FC the Redhill store).
For More Information Please Contact:
Luke Lambourne, Marketing & Communications Officer
E: Luke.Lambourne@SurreyFA.com | T: 01372 384 747 | M: 07940 232 709