Surrey FA are holding a three-hour workshop called Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity.
The course was developed by the mental health charity MIND with support from Sports Coach UK, and is designed for coaches, sport administrators, volunteers and front of house staff.
MIND has listened to people living with mental health problems and people working in the sport and physical activity sectors to create a practical workshop that will help you:
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and the impact of stigma and discrimination
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health
- Appreciate the barriers that stop people getting active
- Talk confidently about mental health
- Know where to signpost people to if they need support
- Identify practical actions to make your service more accessible for everyone
When / Where?
Date: Tuesday 23rd May
Address: Surrey County FA, Unit 2E, St. Martin’s House, St. Martin’s Walk, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1UW.
This course is free of charge, and drinks and snacks will be supplied.
How do I book my place?
To book, please click here.
For more information, please contact Tamsyn Woodman (Tamsyn.Woodman@SurreyFA.com | 01372 384749)