In the following years many prominent based coaches, including Dave Bassett, Keith Blunt, Alan Gillett, Dario Gradi, Gordon Jago, Roy Hodgson, Bob Houghton, Lenny Lawrence, Ted Powell & Alan Smith continued that mutual ethos and this remains a key benefit to members of the Association to this day! We are very proud of our heritage and maintain ties with many of the early members through their holding of Vice President posts.
The SFCA continues to promote coach development in and the surrounding areas. Membership of the SFCA delivers the following benefits:
1) We hold monthly practical coaching sessions which are free of charge for members to attend. These are are led by a variety of professional coaches to demonstrate a variety of topics. Each session is supported by a certificate of attendance and where possible session notes supplied by the lead coaches. Membership of the SFCA therefore delivers the opportunity for our members to further their knowledge and learn new/different drills, games, sessions and coaching methods that they can take away to use or adapt in their own coaching. Details of these sessions are supplied to our members via email. Selected sessions will be accredited CPD events for the FA Licenced Coaches Club, providing recognised CPD for LCC members.
2) We believe these sessions will support member’s personal coach development and we also provide support to members regarding football coaching qualifications they have undertaken.
3) We regularly receive requests from clubs and organisations seeking coaches, which we pass onto our members via email. All work found through this route is independent of the SFCA.
4) We work in partnership with which brings mutual benefits. For members of the SFCA this has included advance information on coaching courses, free tickets for Grassroots Football Live, free Emergency Aid & Safeguarding Children workshops, free Futsal course and exclusive coaching resources.
5) The SFCA have established links with the Coaches Associations of Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Kent, London, Middlesex, Oxfordshire and Sussex, with possibly other counties to follow, where we have an arrangement with each of them for our members to attend their sessions. Details of their sessions are passed on to our members via email and we look forward to continuing to be part of this wider coaching community. We have members at all coaching levels, from Level 1 to 'A' licence and we believe the SFCA offers a valuable and varied service to new and existing coaches in and the surrounding areas for coaching opportunities, coaching involvement and coach development.
Membership is just £15 a year, with renewals due on 1st January each year. For Students aged 16-21 an Introductory Membership is available at £5. We also have a starter pack, (ie first year membership plus an SFCA polo shirt, rainjacket or sweatshirt), which is popular as many members want to wear SFCA branded clothing when coaching (see membership form for details).
We are endorsed by all the Surrey FA Coaching Course tutors, The FA, the , Caroline McRoyall (Surrey County FA Acting CEO) and all of the Football Development Department. We do hope you will take this opportunity to join and use the Association for your benefit as many have before you. Please find attached an application form which should be returned to the Secretary with your remittance.
Ian Smith (Secretary)
020 7471 5164