The FA Coach Mentor Programme is an investment in grass-roots coaching, offering on the ground support within FA Charter Standard Clubs, providing a process whereby a coach is actively engaged in being guided towards acquiring new knowledge, feedback, ideas or advice by a trained mentor.
The aim is to support a coaching workforce in their own environment, both in training and in match-day situations and we are looking for your help.
Please click on the video at the top of this page to find out more about the FA Coach Mentor Programme.
The Coach Mentor Programme is looking to:
• Recruit, employ and develop a network of FA Club Mentors
• Provide FA Charter Standard Community Clubs and others with 50 hours of free mentoring
• Provide on ground support to actively engaged coaches
• Empower and train club coaches to become internal club mentors creating a legacy within the clubs
The Coach Mentor Programme aims to improve and raise the overall standards of grassroots coaching surrey and your club by developing:
• A whole club coaching philosophy
• Practical demonstrations to club coaches
• The transfer of coaching sessions to match day actions and behaviours
• Feedback and observation at coaching & match days
• Individual action plans for coaches
• Coaches identified and trained as internal club mentors
• The opportunity for more qualifications
• £1,250 worth of mentoring per club
To find out more about the programme please click on the image below.
Interested in applying? To apply for an FA Coach Mentor at your club or for more information please contact Emma.Barnes@SurreyFA.com to express your interest.